By Wendi Goldsmith,Donald Gray,John McCullah
Read or Download Bioengineering Case Studies: Sustainable Stream Bank and Slope Stabilization PDF
Best ecology books
Even if the ancestral domestic of chelicerates was once the ocean, nearly all of glossy species live to tell the tale land. such a lot scholars of spiders and mites additionally limit themselves to terrestrial habitats. besides the fact that, a shocking variety of mites (Arachnida: Acari) have again to a watery life. nearly 7000 species from the Mesostigmata, Astigmata, Oribatida, and particularly the Prostigmata, now stay in marine and freshwater habitats.
The way forward for Arid Lands, edited by way of Gilbert White and released in 1956, comprised papers introduced on the "International Arid Lands conferences" held in New Mexico in 1955. At those conferences, specialists thought of the foremost concerns then confronting the world’s arid lands and constructed a examine time table to deal with those concerns.
A few of the more challenging environmental difficulties dealing with the dep. of protection (DOD) comprise (1) chemical guns destruction, (2) explosive waste remediation, and (3) unexploded ordnance clearance and extraction. it truly is achieveable that $50 to $100 billion can be spent by way of DOD for those 3 courses, providing strange possibilities for environmental engineering and similar enterprises.
Australia’s event in community-based environmental fix is exclusive on the planet, with out scarcity of study through bureaucrats, lecturers and environmentalists. This number of 17 case reports supplies a view from flooring point. It contains heroic money owed of households who replaced their manner of farming and their courting to the land so considerably they discovered they can cease hand-feeding inventory in the course of a drought and spot the bush coming again.
- Capybara: Biology, Use and Conservation of an Exceptional Neotropical Species
- Biological Invasions and Its Management in China: Volume 1 (Invading Nature - Springer Series in Invasion Ecology)
- New Perspectives on Nitrogen Cycling in the Temperate and Tropical Americas: Report of the International SCOPE Nitrogen Project
- Man–Elephant Conflict: A Case Study from Forests in West Bengal, India (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science)
- Spellman's Standard Handbook for Wastewater Operators: Intermediate Level, Volume II: Volume 2
Additional resources for Bioengineering Case Studies: Sustainable Stream Bank and Slope Stabilization
Bioengineering Case Studies: Sustainable Stream Bank and Slope Stabilization by Wendi Goldsmith,Donald Gray,John McCullah