By Herbert S. Klein
Read Online or Download African Slavery in Latin America and the Caribbean PDF
Best anthropology books
Can capitalism and citizenship co-exist? in recent times advocates of the 3rd method have championed the assumption of public-spirited capitalism because the antidote to the numerous difficulties confronting the fashionable global. This publication develops a multi-disciplinary concept of citizenship, exploring the human skills wanted for its perform.
Mixing—whether often called mestizaje, callaloo, hybridity, creolization, or multiculturalism—is a foundational cultural trope in Caribbean and Latin American societies. traditionally entwined with colonial, anticolonial, and democratic ideologies, rules approximately blending are strong forces within the methods identities are interpreted and evaluated.
The past due Jan Fairley (1949-2012) used to be a key determine in making international song an important subject for well known song reviews and an influential contributor to such international song magazines as fRoots and Songlines. This publication celebrates her contribution to renowned track scholarship via accumulating her most vital interact in one position.
First released in 1997. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- The Golden Triangle: Inside Southeast Asia's Drug Trade
- Connections: Brain, Mind and Culture in a Social Anthropology
- Process and Pattern in Culture: Essays in Honor of Julian H. Steward
- Communicative Action: The Logos Interviews (Logos: Perspectives on Modern Society and Culture)
- Politics of Identity in Post-Conflict States: The Bosnian and Irish experience (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
Additional info for African Slavery in Latin America and the Caribbean
African Slavery in Latin America and the Caribbean by Herbert S. Klein